Operations Manager - Chester, CH1
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a highly versatile, professional and self-motivated individual, who will be part of the Senior Management team involved in a dynamic and varied role helping to support the smooth running of our Chester site. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment.
Johnsons Hotel Linen, which specialises in supplying the corporate 4-star market and the budget hotel sector is seeking a talented individual to take on the role of Operations Manager in a busy and challenging environment. This is very much a hands-on role, in which you will provide vital support to the business and contribute with the smooth running of the organisation.
- To assist the General Manager on day-today operation issues to ensure smooth running of the production and engineering department.
- To assist, in close consultation with the General Manager and Head of HR, certain employee personnel matters covering performance for all shift production staff.
- To be responsible and take an active role in the implementation of all Health & Safety matters and ensuring your department and those around you fully comply with all relevant legislation.
- To lead the operations team to ensure our customers consistently receive the highest level of service delivery in terms of products quality and quantity.
- To lead and be responsible for the Quality Management Program for the business.
- To be responsible for managing all production staff employee recruitment, welfare and any disciplinary issues, complying at all times to the relevant legislation in conjunction with your shift managers.
- To review, monitor and maintain systems to monitor overall staff productivity and performance. Monitor linen and other weekly stock checks.
- Assist with the supervision of general cleaning and other factory housekeeping duties.
- Ensure safe systems of working for all staff on the day shift in consultation with the General Manager;
- Demonstrate clear leadership in retaining and encouraging key staff and develop a strong and committed work ethos, ensuring the Company maintains professional integrity at all times.
- To act as Deputy to the General Manager and take day-to-day leadership of the business site when the General Manager is on holiday, off sick etc.
- Adhere to strictest confidentiality standards with regards all Company financial and salary matters.
- To ensure that all employees receive appropriate induction and on-going training and development in accordance with laid down procedures via the recommended structure and to agreed budget.
- To ensure that regular management meetings are held at each location and minutes circulated accordingly.
- To ensure that regular communication is maintained with all management and staff. To generally promote and encourage an environment where there is a positive awareness and commitment to safe and healthy working.
- To ensure that Line Managers are aware of their obligations for health and safety at work, as per Statute and Company policies. To encourage and support employee engagement at each site.
- To be responsible for the monitoring and reporting of site-specific Key Performance Indicators, covering PPOH, Shorts, Rejects, energy, fuel, salary, and other key expenditure items.
Added Benefits are:
- SAYE scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
- 24/7 GP Helpline
- Discounted gym membership
- Thorough onboarding training and induction programme
- Deliver the appropriate training to enable you to do your job to the very best of your ability
- Apprenticeship programs LGV, Textile Care Operative, Team Leading, Management and Customer Service
- Referral schemes
- Health4All cash plan Scheme
- Employee recognition (extra mile) Awards
- Baby Boxes
- Free sanitary products
- Menopause policy
- Johnsons Hotel Linen is a Disability Confident employer